Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Wednesday Morning

Everyday I find myself counting down the days until summer. Considering that I have lived in Chicago my whole life, I should be used to our horrendous winters by now but I don't think anyone could ever get used to the cold unless you live in Alaska. Yesterday I was walking back to my room after class and I can't even express how cold my face was when the wind hit it. Even though I was a walking icicle, I was so excited because the snow was melting and there was nothing left of it but tiny patches! I went to bed happy thinking there wasn't going to be any more snow for a while. This morning I got ready for class and as soon as I left my room, I saw the snow. I was livid. I didn't want to admit that it ruined my morning, but it did. Don't get me wrong, snow is great the first couple snowfalls of the year, but after a while it gets annoying. Having to be careful wherever you walk to make sure you don't slip gets tiring. Cleaning it off my windshield and shoveling the driveway gets old and boring. Snow looks so ugly when it turns into a grey slush! Nothing upsets me more than waking up to a blanket of snow. I was hoping to have a great Wednesday morning but the snow ruined that for me. I hope tomorrow is a better morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment