Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Research Question

Should parents allow their kids under the age of 8 to play football?

1. I chose to write about this topic because many parents think that it is okay to let their young child play football. Football is a very dangerous sport and there are many risks, especially in children. Children of this age run different risks than teenager and adults who play football.
2. I want to answer the question "why is this age group affected most?" I know people will read my paper and wonder why I chose to target that specific age group. Simply because their bones aren't mature yet, and especially their brain. Which is where concussions come into play.I want to be able to provide them with information that won't leave them wondering.
3. I want to answer this specific question because ages 5-12 is when parents usually sign their kids up with a football team. I am almost sure that many of them don't know the risks their child is being exposed to and how it could affect them later in life.
4. In order to answer this question, I need to learn about the development of a child within that age and how playing football would affect their development.
5. The experts I would turn to would be those in the pediatric field. They would be able to better address the problems as opposed to an adult doctor. I would also turn to the football experts, so I could get a better idea on how hard one has to get hit, and how often to cause damage so that I could better argue the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment