Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Experience Reflection (WP1)

When this paper was first introduced, I had mixed emotions about it. I was confused as to what was expected of us, even after reading the examples in the book. So I just think it needed to be explained more thoroughly. Other than that, when I decided what I wanted to write about, I thought about how cool this paper could actually be. I was making things harder on myself than they needed to be. This paper was basically telling a story of a moment that had a big impact and your life but there was a concept behind the story. The other part of the paper required the concept to be explained in your words and then use two outside sources to explain the concept. The whole paper was brought together by synthesizing your idea of the concept with the ideas used in your outside sources. I was walking back to my room after class one day and decided I wanted to write about the concept of love. My design plan/outline was originally made based on this idea. Throughout the process, I didn't change my mind on my topic. I felt that I had a very strong topic and there was a lot that could be said. I believe that both my concept and my paper were strong. When composing this paper, I believe I accomplished what I set out to do. I wanted to let my reader know what I thought the concept of love was and I believe I was able to do that in my paper by using visual detail and a personal narrative. I made sure to include as much detail as I could so that my reader wasn't confused on what happening in both the story and the rest of the paper. I also compared love to a diamond. I believe that by using a recurring symbol in the story, the idea of my paper will be better understood. I chose to compare a diamond and love because a diamond is one of the strongest rocks and love is one of the strongest forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment