Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Revision Process Reflection (WP1)

When I first started writing this paper, I was so confused on what the idea of it was. I didn't know what I was going to write about but once I got going, I knew exactly where I was heading with this paper. I finished my first draft and was so happy with it. Although I was pretty happy with it, something still seemed off so I went into the writing center. It was my first time going there so I didn't really know what to expect. Jasmine was the person I had my meeting with and she made me realize that my paper could definitely be improved. My paper confused her in a couple places and I knew that my other readers would be confused too, so I made sure I added more detail so that it was clear what I was talking about. She also gave me a couple tips on what I could possibly expand on just to make my paper stronger than it already was. When I was actually revising, I noticed that my paper could use a lot more visual detail so that the reader could picture themselves in my story, so I also made sure to add more visual details. After adding, deleting, and changing things, I was finally content with my second draft/final paper. I was glad we got two drafts to revise as opposed to one because if you didn't like how the first draft turned out, you could always make changes to make it better. Revising my paper multiple times definitely added strength to my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment