Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Explanatory Synthesis Notes (WP2)

For the writing project number 2, I am writing about the effects that cannabis has on the brain and the physiological effects, such as motor skills. I ma writing about this topic because there are so many people of no specific age, but mostly teens, smoking cannabis. Since it is a plant, many think that it is organic and that they are doing no harm to their bodies and brain. Many people say, "Well if God didn't want me to smoke it, why is it a plant? It's there for a reason."There have been many arguments about this question. People think that by smoking it, they are relaxing their bodies and having a great time. While this may be somewhat true, cannabis is not relaxing your body. It is actually making you more paranoid! So, I am writing on this topic so that people who do smoke realize the harm they are causing to their body. Even people who have considered smoking it because they want to get that experience, I am hoping that after reading my paper, they will think twice about doing so.

My source number one is called "Long Term Effects on the Brain." This source mentions how smoking cannabis frequently will lead to brain damage. Not just temporarily but permanently. This source also provided me with pictures of brains of people who tend to smoke cannabis. This source will help to explain HOW cannabis is affecting the brain and I will also be able to explain what long term effects it has on the brain.

My source number two is about the history of cannabis. It mentions how cannabis was first discovered, it's original names, and its many uses. For people reading my paper that have no idea about what cannabis is, this source will definitely help. I will be able to give them a brief history about how cannabis came to be, how it was discovered. I will also be able to talk about its many used. Many people think that it can only be smoked, but that is because many people probably don't know about its other uses. So this will help my readers be aware of the possible ways that cannabis can be used.

My source number three is about how cannabis impairs drivers. This describes the physiological effects it has on a person. More specially speaking, people who drive after using cannabis. There are so many people that think it is okay to drive while high because it is not the same as being drunk. But this source says otherwise. Readers will be able to see that driving while high may have many of the same effects of drinking and driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment